Shopping in Paraguay
If you come to Foz do Iguaçu, you can not miss out on visiting Ciudad del Este, in Paraguay, for shopping. The two cities are linked by the International Bridge of Friendship.
There are several products: perfumes, makeup, sneakers, electronics, decorative items, handbags, computers, tools, toys for children and various other items.
The import limit is U$ 300 per person, so if you exceed this amount, tax must be paid tax to the Brazilian Internal Revenue Service.
Attention to prohibited items:
- Cigarettes and beverages manufactured in Brazil, intended for sale exclusively abroad;
- Branded cigarettes not marketed in the country of origin;
- Toys, replicas and simulacra of firearms, which may be confused with these, except if it is to integrate an authorized user collection, under the conditions established by the Brazilian Army Command;
- Animal species of wildlife without a technical opinion and license issued by the Ministry of Environment;
- Aquatic species for ornamental and agricultural purposes, at any stage of the life cycle, without the permission of the competent body;
- Products marked with counterfeit brand, altered or imitated, or falsely shown;
- Goods whose production has infringed copyright (“pirated”);
- Products containing genetically modified organisms;
- Agrochemicals, their components and the like;
- Merchandise harmful to morality, morality, health or public order;
- Narcotic substances or drugs.